Do they look a little something like this -
If yes, then follow my lead:
So, correct me if I am wrong.
This happens only when you try to copy or scan, am I right?
If yes! Then 1st step is to Hard reset.
- Disconnect everything from your printer (unplug all the connections)
- Press and hold the power button for atleast 15 seconds and then release it.
- Connect it back up and power on.
You are right static interference is partly responsible for problems like these, and hence we perform 'Hard reset'
If resetting your printer resolved it, then good, other wise, try these:-
1. Clean the lid and the scanner glass with a smooth nylon cloth. (read the manual for clear instructions)
2. Clean the ADF. (read the manual for clear instructions)
Lastly, make a blank copy and check if it's clean. If it is clean then you win! Otherwise book it for repair.
Hope this helps, and keep learning :)